On 11/27/13 2:03 PM, L. David Baron wrote:
I can't figure out what, if anything, this discussion implies about
the ballot on the Proposed Recommendations.

I'm not sure.

Basically, I think we're in a sucky situation here:

1)  These are specs that we'll need to implement.
2) We were not involved in their drafting or implementation so far (not least because they were rushed through and we just don't have the bandwidth to deal with all the little bits of that WG as far as I can tell).
3)  We can't just vote no on the PR based on that.

Our best bet is presumably to hope that the basic concepts are sound and that once we start implementing we can get the inevitable spec bogosities fixed via errata.

And for the future, again, to make it someone's job to follow what's going on in this WG. :(

At this point I'm inclined not to respond to the vote.

That seems pretty reasonable, yeah...

-Boris