On 1/6/2014 12:20 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
On 1/6/14, 7:12 AM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
With Birunthan's restless efforts in bug 784739, we have finally removed
the usage of NULL in our C++ code. Please stop using NULL in new C++ code,
and use nullptr instead!

Can we update the Clang plugin to emit an error (and turn the tree red) if a NULL is detected in non-whitelisted file paths? It won't be perfect, but it's better than nothing.

It is certainly possible, and I have been mulling adding features to the clang plugin to institute "poisoned" values for other reasons (e.g., enforcing that people stop using NSPR types and macros that are obsolete).

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer