(Some messages in this thread seem to be taking an absurdly long time to
arrive, so I apologize if what I'm talking about has long been addressed.)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Philip Chee <philip.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/01/2014 02:37, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> > On 1/13/2014 8:05 PM, Mike Hommey wrote:
> >> I hear frontend developers are using it for frontend code, I would like
> >> to know if you would be bothered if it were to disappear.

I'd be extremely unhappy if this disappeared without any replacement.
Changing a cpp file under js/src and running `mach` takes about 2 minutes
for me, whereas running `mach js/src` takes about 18 seconds.

As one of the people behind the potentially-over-ambitiously-named
smartmake that became mach dumbmake, I know that it is far from perfect.
For some parts of gecko it's very valuable, however.