On 2014-01-29 4:21 PM, Anthony Jones wrote:

I don't think we should attempt style rewriting.

One thing I wanted to explain is why I have focussed on
clang-format-diff more than clang-format. My approach is to stop
introducing ugliness so that we ratchet towards consistency. I suggest
we do the same for style. The advantage of this approach is that it
allows us to improve the tools as we go and avoids a flag day.

On a number of style points - most importantly indentation depth - consistency within a single file is *far* more important than conformance with a global standard. If we're not prepared to reformat to the new style at least on a file-by-file basis, I don't think we should be trying to enforce global consistency wrt some of these things at all.

zw