On 04.02.14 23:54, Karl Tomlinson wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:27:12 -0500, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:

[...] OS X supports drawing subpixel-AA to partially
transparent surfaces. I believe the amount of sub pixel AA depends on the
alpha of the surface. (Imagine drawing sub-pixel aa text to a transparency
group to get an idea of how this would work)

I would have expected that drawing onto a completely transparent
surface on OS X would always result in no sub-pixel aa effects

And apparently that's what happened on 10.6, where the test doesn't fail. Looks like something was broken on 10.7 or 10.8.