On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Valentin Tsatskin wrote:

Please note: This is a cross post from fx-dev. If you can, please reply in the thread there.

Can I instead suggest taking this to dev-tech-network ? This topic actually concerns everything that uses necko more or less. (I'm not on fx-dev, which is why I don't reply there atm)

I’m an intern on the Firefox UX team. I’ve been working on ways we could improve the user experience for people who are having network related issues.

Great! I'm a newcomer in the networking team and I'm basically set out to work on a very closely subject: better handling of network topology changes (like when you switch wifi networks, insert a different cable or just get off your VPN). You can see most of what I've been working on recently in bug #939318 - and there's even more to it than so I'd say.

I'd be good to get your view on what we've done so far and how the discussion is going there as I feel that our areas of work will overlap.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se