On 03/21/2014 05:03 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 3/21/14 6:34 PM, Jim Blandy wrote:
I don't believe there are any DOM nodes involved in the situation that
Kyle described at the start of this thread...

It's true that when I read, "We are discovering a lot of leaks in JS implemented DOM objects", I wasn't sure what he was referring to...

But the same question carries over: isn't there some way to tie the registration / unregistration of observers / listeners to something more directly connected to the notification recipient becoming uninteresting?

That is, there's usually some point well before the notification recipient becomes garbage that it becomes uninteresting. Hence my mention of DOM node insertion / removal.