For the past few weeks, we've been working on requestAutocomplete, a
proposed standard for HTML forms that streamlines the checkout flow
for websites. Common payment and address form fields are shown in a
popup UI native to the browser, so all sites using the API will share
a common checkout experience, and previously submitted data can be
reused across sites with no autofill guesswork. The main bug tracking
this feature is bug 939351.

There is currently no formal standard. A link to Chrome's
implementation:
http://www.chromium.org/developers/using-requestautocomplete. Some
discussion of the feature here:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/requestautocomplete.

The plan is for bug 939351 to implement the backend components (form
form submission, validation, and storage). Each platform will require
a separate component to implement its form UI. Right now, Android is
the only platform with a WIP UI component (bug 946022).

For the platform components, I expect this feature to be land by Fx32
behind the dom.requestAutocomplete.enabled pref. On Android, the ETA
(with UI) is Fx33.

Thanks,
Brian