Whoa, didn't expect to see a blog post I wrote in grad school to get
called out here. :) Interesting to see it show up on the radar.

Re-reading it, I think the most interesting thing about the Cohen study
that I absorbed was the value of reviewing my own code before requesting
review from other people. I've found that when I look at my own code
using Splinter or Review Board, my brain switches into critique mode,
and I'm able to notice and flag the obvious things.

This has the dual benefit of making the code better, and making it
easier for my reviewer to not get distracted by minor things that I
could have caught on my own. I almost made this a topic for my graduate
study research paper[1], but then did this[2] instead.

Always happy to talk about code review,

-Mike

[1]:
http://mikeconley.ca/blog/2010/03/04/research-proposal-1-the-effects-of-author-preparation-in-peer-code-review/