On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 3:14 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If VR is not yet a thing on the Web, could you elaborate on why you think
> it should be?
>
> I'm asking because the Web has so far mostly been a common denominator,
> conservative platform. For example, WebGL stays at a distance behind the
> forefront of OpenGL innovation. I thought of that as being intentional.

That is not intentional. There are historical and pragmatic reasons why the
Web operates well in "fast follow" mode, but there's no reason why we can't
lead as well. If the Web is going to be a strong platform it can't always
be the last to get shiny things. And if Firefox is going to be strong we
need to lead on some shiny things.

So we need to solve Vlad's problem.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w