On 05/01/2014 08:01 AM, Gavin Sharp wrote:
I had the same concern in bug 967693. There was some back and forth in
a private email thread (we should have discussed it in the bug...)
that essentially boiled down to "the orange/perf investigations are
blocked, we want more nightly crash/bug reports to work on in parallel
while those are figured out", if I recall correctly.

Yes, that's exactly right. The orange/perf bugs are not major bugs, but they're enough to keep us from doing a full landing. But meanwhile a wider test audience is likely to shake out bugs that don't emerge from our automated test coverage. We found a few bugs that way in our last trial run. It'd be good to be able to work on those in parallel.

> Do we have the telemetry or feedback channels in place to
> measure what you need to measure?

We'll be keeping an eye on telemetry measures like cache hit rate and response time. The other feedback channel is to alert engineers and other nightly users that this is happening so we're more likely to get bugs filed.

Jason

Gavin

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Benjamin Smedberg