Hello,

I think the various notification features outlined below are big enough to deserve their own Toolkit component on bugzilla.mozilla.org. The scope of the component would be changes to: (i) PopupNotifications.jsm – Page-related popup (aka. doorhanger) notifications (ii) notification.xml - Notification Bars (usually application notifications) (iii) toolkit/components/alerts/ – Alert service including fallback XUL UI when we don't integrate with a more native service (e.g. OS X Notification Center).

(i) and (ii) are currently filed in either Firefox::General or Toolkit::General while bugs for (iii) are currently filed in Toolkit::XUL Widgets.

I propose the component be named "Notifications and Alerts" in the Toolkit product with the description "Popup/doorhanger notifications, notification bars, and alerts".

Thoughts?

Matthew N.
:MattN