>From time to time, no matter what platform I use, the build configuration on
>the try server changes
and from that point on it's just a matter of time that my build gets broken.
When you're
about to work on some urgent fixes, it can be very frustrating to try and fix
the build instead...

I think we only support the exact configurations that we are testing against on
the try server. Anything
else (that is untested) will be broken. We should fix those... but it will
happen from time to time.
So one thing we can do is to communicate it clearly what is the exact env. on
the try server, (os version,
gcc version, on windows SDK version, etc.) and warn people when it's changed.
Or we have to do
automated tests for more envs (which is resource wise won't be easy/feasible)

I really cannot blame people for breaking the build on env we are not testing
against on the try server,
(especially not with warnings-as-errors turned on...) for obvious reasons. But
I think we could
do better about announcing any changes on it early, so we could all update or
systems in time
accordingly, and avoid having to deal with these kind of problems in the worst
possible time.

 - Gabor Krizsanits