> It's pretty rare that things such OS, Compiler, SDK change on our build
> systems. We do tend to make noise about them when that happens, too. Do
> you have specific examples to point at?

Where can I follow these changes? One specific example is bug 1002729 and the
like...
Currently m-c does not build with gcc 4.6 on ubuntu because something similar.
After
updating to 4.8 I got some warning in webrtc code, so I had to turn off
warning-as-errors.

In the past we changed required windows SDK unannounced too... That being said
I can
totally imagine that I don't follow the right channels where these kind of
changes
are announced. For example, do we have a way to tell the exact configurations
on the
try server? Like exact gcc version / linux version...

> In any case, it's good to keep in mind that Try follows mozilla-central
> in terms of build configuration and requirements -- which means it's
> inherently unstable. We make no guarantees about build requirements
> staying static for any period of time.

That is understandable. But let's say I want to work on a similar configuration
as the
linux box on try, where can I check the exact environment on it to reproduce
something
similar? Once I have it, how will I know that I should update something on it
to match
what we have on try?

Thanks,
Gabor