On 04.06.2014 11:45, Mike de Boer wrote:
The reason CommonJS came into view was not because of it’s semantic
superiority, but because of its similarity to both the XPCShell-test and
Mochitest assertion styles and implementation.
This way I thought we could circumvent ppl to get worried about re-inventing
the wheel or something like that and view this change as an incremental step to
gradually improve the blueprint overlap between the test suites in use.

I don't understand. How does using CommonJS achieve this better than making XPCShell use something based on the Mochitest API?

Dao