----- Original Message -----
> On 6/17/2014 2:22 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> > Hey Kent,
> >
> > reading bug 995417, the crash only happens if
> > MOZ_DISABLE_NONLOCAL_CONNECTIONS is set, which is set only in the
> > testing infrastructure.
>
> Which is actually not ideal because it means we can end up with failures
> on TBPL that aren't hit during the course of normal local testing.

If we do, that is a bug; MOZ_DISABLE_NONLOCAL_CONNECTIONS is setup in the
Python modules that both TBPL and local testing use.  So there shouldn't be any
problems with locally-unreproducible failures.

A related problem is that MOZ_DISABLE_NONLOCAL_CONNECTIONS may or may not be
set for all the testsuites we run.  It's not set for Talos, for instance, and
perhaps the C++ unittests and a few others.  And there's no guarantee that a
new testsuite will have MOZ_DISABLE_NONLOCAL_CONNECTIONS set, which is an
unfortunate loophole (though if they use common infrastructure, the chances go
up signficantly).

It's a reasonable fix given the constraints, but it's not a perfect one.

-Nathan