On 8/12/14 7:05 PM, Ben Hearsum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apple recently announced changes to how OS X applications must be packaged
> and signed
> (https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2206/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40007919-CH1-TNTAG205)
>  in order for them to function correctly on OS X 10.9.5 and 10.10. The tl;dr
> version of this is "only mach-O binaries may live in .app/Contents/MacOS, and
> signing must be done on 10.9 or later". Without any changes, future versions
> of Firefox will cease to function out-of-the-box on OS X 10.9.5 and 10.10. We
> do not have a release date for either of these OS X versions yet.

Does this also affect binary extensions in any way? I'd imagine that
globally installed extensions would break signing if placed incorrectly.

If this is the case, is it enough to sign the extension with a
(non-self-signed) certificate, or does the app code signing need to be
modified too? I assume old extensions versions will then need to be
re-signed when the certificate expires, it would be nice to have a way
to do this in AMO without changing the version number each time.

Philipp