On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:26:42PM -0700, Jeff Gilbert wrote:
> I was just going to ask about this. I glanced through the mozconfigs
> in the tree for at least Linux debug, but it looks like it only has
> --enable-debug, not even -O1. Maybe it's buried somewhere in there,
> but I didn't find it with a quick look.
>
> I took a look at the build log for WinXP debug, and --enable-opt is
> only present on the configure line for nspr, whereas --enable-debug is
> in a number of other places.

Optimized builds have been the default for a while, if not ever[1]. So
unless you add an explicit --disable-optimize, you still get an
optimized build, whether you use --enable-debug or not.

As a matter of fact, we *did* have --disable-optimize in the debug build
mozconfigs, but that was removed 3 years ago, in bug 669953.

Mike

1. At least, it was the case in the oldest tree we have in mercurial.