On 2014-10-01 3:13 AM, Ed Morley wrote:

> Perhaps part of the solution is to move at least some of the other
> repositories to the main Mozilla Github org

Stronger hierarchy has costs. To create a repo under the mozilla
organization I must have a relationship with someone with admin rights
to create the group, add people, etc. To make a new umbrella group for
my team, I don't have to interact with anyone but current contributors.

I don't have to ask permission. I don't have to wait for a response.
There's less cognitive overhead dealing with a smaller group of
contributors and repositories.

I suspect this is a significant factor in the proliferation of
mozilla-foo organizations on github. I don't think it's a bad thing.

 -r