> That's a great point.  It would be great if we can adopt
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/ExposureGuidelines for new JS fatures as
> well.

Yes, I think we should consider that. The situation is somewhat different
in that we usually only implement features that are stable, specced, and
agreed upon by tc39 and thus have buy-in by other vendors. ("Usually"
because we do some experimental Nightly-only stuff, but that is so exotic,
really, that FF devs wouldn't begin to think that it's production-usable.)

> Also, out of curiosity, do we have ways of hiding JS built-ins behind
> prefs similar to DOM APIs?

Not really: by the time the prefs are read, we have already created
globals, so those either have the builtins (if we default to installing
them) or won't ever get them, regardless of the pref's value (if we default
to not installing them).

Also, I think there is great value in having these features available
without a pref. Chrome uses prefs, and I think is substantially diminishes
the value for testing things out. Array.prototype.contains is a good
example for that: if it had been behind a pref, who knows when we'd have
discovered the web breakage?