On 2014-10-02, 4:07 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
On 02/10/14 11:58, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
What data specifically?  I'm fairly confident that we can make this
change no matter how many websites use geolocation from
non-authenticated origins.

I believe that usual practice before we remove something we don't like
is to provide some warning.  There are some big sites that use
geolocation from http:// origins.

Oh, for sure. I don't have anything against warning people. :-) And in fact if we decide to do this we should publicize the idea on the hacks blog etc.

That said, those sites will continue to work.  It is most likely treated
in the same way as the user rejecting the request for location.

No, the way it would be handled is the user will get prompted again, and we wont show them the option of remembering their decision. The geolocation functionality itself would keep working fine.