Josh Matthews wrote:

As far as I can tell, nsWindowMediator::mListLock protects mOldestWindow and mTopmostWindow. However, the only direct users of nsWindowMediator are the enumerators in nsAppShellWindowEnumerator.cpp, and all uses of nsIWindowMediator that I could find appear to be in JS (ie. on the main thread) or don't look like C++ that runs off the main thread (nsPluginHost and ApplicationAccessible seem like the most likely candidates for that to be false). Am I missing something? It doesn't appear to be providing any benefit here.

Seems to have been added by http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvslog.cgi?file=mozilla/xpfe/appshell/src/nsWindowMediator.cpp&rev=1.26 and not actually reviewed as such ;-)

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.