> I doubt that's what roc was suggesting.  But it's hard to say more without
> more details on the said overall strategy.

I think this is an interesting idea and we should look into how much effort it
is to add support for this usb security key.

And, I think we can go a long way in fixing the password problem without having
to depend on custom hardware.  I’d like to see us invest in fixing/improving
our built-in password manager and autofill in Firefox.  Many 3rd party password
managers have made huge strides in reducing the friction of creating unique
high-entropy passwords without relaying on custom hardware.  I use such a
product and it is a game changer — I don’t know any of my password but the
master password.

So maybe before we write code to support a new token, we figure out what the
Firefox plan around password management is?