On 10/22/2014 10:49 AM, Kyle Huey wrote:
I've been wanting this too. I was thinking about just making the gtest harness itself start XPCOM. - Kyle
I don't think that's quite right. 1) We'd have to serialize a bunch of tests 2) it would be really easy for tests to interfere with eachother.

What I'd us to do is split gtests into two: keep the existing no-XPCOM "pure" parallelizable gtests, and have a separate suite which is more like a binary xpcshell tests: one process per test which uses no profile or a throwaway profile, and any parallelization is handled by the harness. It would use the same gtest-libxul so that we could compile in arbitrary test code which uses internal linkage.

I'm not sure how hard that would be to implement, though.

--BDS