Andreas,

Le 27 oct. 2014 à 08:15, Andreas Gal <andreas....@gmail.com> a écrit :
> What happens when a user types letters into the Google search box we ship by
> default in Firefox?

Do you mean desktop? Sorry I was not clear, but I was talking about Firefox OS.
But that seems unrelated to everything.me

About Desktop:
* For Google search box on Desktop, I suspect the one which is available in the
initial tab (center of the page) is also sending XHR requests to Google for
each letter.
* For the URL bar, it seems it does not send anything. At least it doesn't
suggest anything. It will send to Google keywords which are not URIs, once you
have typed "enter"

At least that is my understanding.

--
Karl Dubost, Mozilla