On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:

> Which use-case do you need "async" for?
>
> The "Adjust the scroll position down by 10 pixels atomically with the
> next reflow since I just added a 10 pixel element at the top of the
> page" use case could be supported using
>
> element.scrollBy({ top: 10, behavior: "instant" });
>
> as long as the spec is clearly defined to apply that at the time of
> the next reflow. Again, the main thing lacking is spec text rather
> than API.

I don't think you want to define it as "the time of the next reflow". "The
time of the next reflow" is not defined or referenced in any spec and I
suspect we don't want it to be.

I think it makes sense for "instant" to be synchronous, to match existing
scrolling APIs and because I think there are use-cases for that.

Rob
owohooo
oioso
owohooo