The differences are as follows:
- DOM Promise don't implement Promise.defer;
- the scheduling of asynchronous tasks will sometimes be different.

If you rely on neither, you should be ok. Task.jsm will be migrated to
DOM Promise once we are satisfied that it doesn't break anything on m-c.

Cheers,
 David

On 01/11/14 21:00, ajvinc...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, November 1, 2014 12:50:24 PM UTC-7, Kyle Huey wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 12:42 PM,  <ajvinc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The reviewer should understand asynchronous Promise operations, preferably
>>> the OS.File promises
>>
>> We shouldn't be landing new code that uses Promise.jsm in mozilla-central.
>>
>> - Kyle
>
> I understand and agree... right now my module uses Promise.jsm, but I'd think
> it trivial to convert that to native Promise objects.
>
> Task.jsm, though, still uses it, and the module I'm proposing relies on
> Task.jsm pretty heavily...  Are there plans to break Task.jsm's dependency on
> Promise.jsm?  If not, is that okay?

David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD
 Performance Team, Mozilla