===========================
The problem we have:
===========================
Our product leverage XULRunner 10.0.6.esr Version as embedded browser core,
currently, it seems that we are encountering the problem highlighted in bug
"Bug 710176 - Socket transport service thread pegs the CPU spinning to send
data on a SSL socket that is blocking waiting for certificate validation to
finish" within our product. This is causing our users on Mac to have a poor
user experience since when the CPU Spikes to 100%+, the CPU keeps spinning
while Embedded Browser couldn't open any web pages any more(no content will
rendering anymore), seems like the network completely hangs while the UI still
responsive.

We have got the Sample file of our product while the CPU spikes, and in the
process sample file, we found a lot of XULRunner threads(such as
nsSocketTransportService, nsSSLThread, nsSSLIOLayerPoll...) are working..

We have also using XCode's Instruments tool to look at which thread is spinning
the CPU, and the results as showed below, XULRunner's
nsSSLThread::requestPoll() -> nsSocketTransportService::Poll() takes much of
the CPU time.. the symptom is that if XULRunner enter a potential loop between
nsSSLIOLayerPoll() and nsSSLThread::requestPoll() which spinning on the CPU and
starving everything else, this might leads to a complete hang of any
networking, but the UI is responsive, which means that when the CPU spikes, you
can still open another browser tab, but you can not loading any pages from then
unless you restart the client..

=======================
The help that we need:
=======================
We have done a great deal of research on this problem, but have not found a
solidly reproducible case which also seems to be the case with Bug 71076. We
are leveraging 10.0.6esr version of XULrunner and determined that the problem
was addressed in version 12. However in this version a lot of changes to the
network service related code were made, it is not easy for us to backport the
Bug710176 patch to XULRunner10.0.6.esr since we are not the XULRunner experts.

Specifically we are looking for the following help:
(1)Identification of the specific changes made to address bug 71076, plus
guidance on how to backport that to 10.06esr.
(2)Is there a test case specifically identified which we could use to confirm
the backport was successful.
(3)Any suggestions on further regression testing that should be done to ensure
there are no unexpected side effects applying a patch to the earlier build.

Great thanks for your kindly help in advance.