On 7/2/15 10:24, Kyle Huey wrote:
Why don't we just click to play everything?

Yes, we should do that. At least as an option, exposed in Preferences: something like

 [ ] Never auto-play video or audio
or
 [ ] Always show a Click to Play control for media

I'd suggest it belongs in Preferences / Content, right along with "Block pop-up windows". Auto-playing videos (or audio) can be every bit as irritating as popups.

To quote from a long-time Firefox user's recent blog posting[1]:

# Give me a 'Play' button, and let me decide when (or whether) to click
# it. If you can configure Firefox - or allow me to configure it - so
# that it will never on any site, ever, no not even then or there, play
# a video without waiting for me to click on a button clearly labelled
# with a right-pointing arrow head of some sort... that would be a
# victory.

JK

[1] http://itreallyisupsidedown.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/an-open-letter-to-mozilla.html

- Kyle