> On Mar 6, 2015, at 6:18 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2015-03-06 1:14 PM, andreas....@gmail.com wrote:

>>> What breakage do you envision?
>>
>> I can no longer unblock popups on sites that use HTTP. The web is a big
>> place. It will take a long time for everyone to move.
>
> I think Anne is not proposing that.  He's proposing blocking persisting those
> permissions.  IOW you would be able to still show popups from these websites,
> but you won't be able to ask Firefox to remember your preference.

I know but we will break the persisting. The user will be annoyed that popup
unblocking doesn’t work as expected on HTTP sites.

I am all for securing dangerous permissions but popups and notifications seems
more like we are wagging our finger at the user in unhelpful ways. Most users
will simply think Firefox is broken.

Thanks,

Andreas