On 2015-04-29 10:23 AM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
I think this is a good plan, and the harmony with the Google style guide
is a nice incidental benefit.

Does this mean that every c++ *must* be marked with override, or is that
still optional? Do we intend to make that a requirement in the future?

I think there's a typo of some sort in the question, but if you meant "every overriding function must be marked with override", then yes, that is the change I'm proposing, but the good news is that you can now run clang-tidy on the entire tree and get it to rewrite the source code to make sure that the override keywords are present where they are needed, and we can do that as often as we would like. IOW, this can be done without requiring every C++ programmer to remember to do it always.