It's really unfortunate how the FF dev team have handled this problem.  It's
been out there since 2010 as a larger issue that the whole Java Deployment Kit
has been blocked.  You should really focus on providing users a workaround even
if it requires something as ugly as modifying about:config or the registry.
Most users understand that if they're asked to do something like this that they
desire the solution more than they're concerned about the risk.  Forcing users
off the browser to a competitor to resolve the issue seems short-sighted to say
the least.

I've loved FF for years and will continue to use it, but your response to this
issue has tarnished your reputation in my eyes.  What is the worst about how
you've handled it besides not providing a workaround is that the issue is
buried making it appear that you're trying to cover it up.  If you're at least
going to take this stance, please provide a link in the Add-ons Manager that
clearly states the situation and why you refuse to address it.  And you could
even let Oracle respond to your statement on that page.  That is what a truly
transparent organization would do.

Thanks for your time,
Eric