On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 8:03 AM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use vim, and the modelines are definitely useful to me.

Same here. I'm also somebody who writes patches all over the codebase,
and having the 2-space or 4-space indentation done automatically is
*very* helpful. (I currently have a pending patch that redoes the
indentation in nsHostResolver::FlushCache() because it's currently a
bogus mix of 2- and 4-space indents.)

Sometimes it even varies within a directory, so a per-directory
setting would get that wrong.

In the past I have done drive-by modeline fixes when I notice that
they are wrong, but some reviewers object to them being mixed in with
other patches so I've stopped doing that. I applaud mccr8 for doing
mass fixes in dom/.

Nick