For Android, we have been discussing building a feature like this around
tab queues (the new "open later" feature we've been working on), but I
don't know of any desktop plans for something like this.

I agree the UX/product work around this idea could be tricky, so I'm not
sure dev-platform is the right place for this discussion. I would encourage
you to talk to Javaun about new ideas for private browsing, since he's the
product manager leading our "private browsing 2.0" initiative.

Margaret