On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally am not sure if that is a sound idea for all permission types.
> It's probably the right thing for geolocation, but not for cookies.

As I understand it, the key for permission manager is a simple string.
Rather than make new APIs and restructure in a way that is perhaps
incompatible with existing users, could you make a set of different
key builders to serve all these ends:

pm.addRule(pm.makeOriginRule(uri), "camera", blah)
pm.addRule(pm.makeDomainRule("example.com", INCLUDE_SUBDOMAINS),
"cookies", DENY)

The plan to migrate to an origin basis is OK without this, of course.