On 06/07/15 11:12 PM, Jeff Gilbert wrote:
> I propose that we stop recommending the universal use of an 'a' prefix for
> arguments to functions in C and C++. If the prefix helps with
> disambiguation, that's fine. However, use of this prefix should not be
> prescribed in general.
>
> `aFoo` does not provide any additional safety that I know of.[1] As a
> superfluous prefix, it adds visual noise, reducing immediate readability of
> all function declarations and subsequent usage of the variables within the
> function definition.

[...]

> I propose we strike the `aFoo` recommendation from the Mozilla style guide.

I agree with this.

However, if we proceed to remove this from the style guide, will we run
a pass at removing the 'a' prefix or will we just let them be and have
individual code change eventually clean them up?

Do we have -Wshadow (or equivalent) enabled across the code base and
insurance that the warnings get dealt with?

Cheers,

Hub