On 2015-08-25 4:07 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
WebRTC was shipped with a prefix.

Bug 1155923 moves our codebase to non-prefixed names, but includes a
patch to restore aliases with the prefix.  Thus we will expose
`RTCPeerConnection` and use that ourselves, but permit legacy code to
use `mozRTCPeerConnection`.

Is our RTCPeerConnection and the corresponding spec considered as stable?

Maybe some day we can remove the aliases by just backing out the patch
that creates prefixed aliases, but that seems unlikely in the short
term [1][2].

Do the aliases only work when you call them or can the webpage also detect them? IOW, what would code like below do?

if (window.mozRTCPeerConnection)
  foo();
else if (window.RTCPeerConnection)
  bar();