On 11/25/15 5:51 AM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
According to the article, SpiderMonkey's PRNG is not much better than
V8's. It seems we are using a even older algorithm, although
ironically have a better result.

After reading this article as well as some introduction from the
wikipedia, it seems to me that "xorshift+" is probably the best
algorithm to adopt, because it is simple, fast, and passes all tests
in TestU01 [1], which indicates it should also have a good quality.

We have an implementation of the xorshift128+ PRNG in mfbt/XorShift128PlusRNG.h from bug 1206356 that could be used.