On 01/04/2016 12:19 AM, Daniel Holbert wrote:
> I wasn't able to
> remotely figure out what the piece of spyware was or how to remove it --
> but the rejected certs reported their issuer as being "Digital Marketing
> Research App" (instead of e.g. Digicert or Verisign).  Googling didn't
> turn up anything useful, unfortunately; so I suspect this is "niche"
> spyware, or perhaps the name is dynamically generated.)

UPDATE: in my family friend's case, the shoddy MITM spyware in question
was "Simmons Connect Research Application", a consumer profiling tool
that's tied to Experian which users can voluntarily install in exchange
for points that you can use to buy stuff.

She was able to fix the problem by uninstalling that program (simmons
connect research application).

~Daniel