We have the Chrome popularity data, and we have the Edge team's data
which covers the CSS spectrum quite well. I think it would be far more
useful to start covering the DOM API spectrum.

For example, it's pretty clear from existing data sources which CSS
properties Servo should focus on. But we have very little data for
which DOM APIs are important.

What value does having even more CSS property data provide above and
beyond the value that can be extracted from the existing sources? Is
that value greater than the value we could extract by focusing on data
that doesn't currently exist?

I assume the answer to the first question is that it gives us data
that doesn't exist about -moz prefixed properties. Regarding the
second question, my opinion is that we can get a lot more benefit from
covering other areas than CSS. I'm curious to hear more informed
opinions on this than my own.

As to where this should live, it seems unfortunate that we would end
up with three repositories of data: Chrome's use counters, Edge's
platform status, and now a Mozilla one. Is it not possible to
consolidate this collection effort?

jack.