On 2016-05-11 4:31 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
Mike de Boer:
We use :-moz-locale-dir extensively in frontend code. Who will own
converting that to the unprefixed version? Or, if :-moz-locale-dir
is still supported after the transition period, can we discuss
deprecating it in favour of unprefixed alternatives?

:-moz-locale-dir is kind of XUL-specific, so I don’t think there’s an
obvious standards track alternative.  (It basically means “is this
element in a XUL document for which
https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/xul/XULDocument.cpp#4488
returns a value that matches the pseudo-classes’ argument”, which
involves looking at localedir="" on the root element or a pref.)

For a xul document, it actually means match the directionality of the locale of the user agent for that document. It never matches in an html document, although there is a bug 588996 to support this.