The DLL Interceptor has some problems on 64-bit Windows 10 that we'd probably want to fix before doing this. See bug 1240977.

On 5/12/2016 9:45 AM, Ted Mielczarek wrote:
Hello,

Given all the discussion around SSE[2] lately, I was curious as to
whether we had made any plans to update Windows users that are running
32-bit Windows builds on a 64-bit Windows OS to our 64-bit Windows
builds. The 64-bit Windows builds do use SSE2, since that's a baseline
requirement for x86-64 processors, and the overall performance should
generally be better (modulo memory usage, I'm not sure if we have an
exact comparison). Additionally 64-bit builds are much less likely to
encounter OOM crashes due to address space fragmentation since they have
a very large address space compared to the maximum 4GB available to the
32-bit builds.

It does seem like we'd need some minimal checking here, obviously first
for whether the user is running 64-bit Windows, but also possibly
whether they use 32-bit plugins (until such time as we unsupport NPAPI).
32-bit plugins will not work on a 64-bit Windows Firefox (we do not have
the equivalent of Universal binaries like we do on OS X).

-Ted