This reminds me of a password manager bug we fixed 9 years ago (379997!),
where password manager would "helpfully" delete a saved HTTP login if it
got a 403 response upon using it. Unsurprisingly, this was a a terrible
idea that caused your saved logins to disappear when a site was glitchy.

Seem like it would be tough to find a solution to rewrite history/bookmarks
that works when servers are nice, but also ignores servers that are
naughty. Maybe this is addon-fodder for advanced users who want to
mass-edit bookmarks and history.

Justin