On 11/07/2016 07:43, Xidorn Quan wrote:
Because we don't want to reveal details before we are comfortable with
disclosing them. It can go via MozReview *after* a patch is reviewed and
gets sec-approval, but not the reverse.

I think even that isn't straightforward. mozreview does not allow autoland until the patch has been marked as reviewed within mozreview. Just pushing to mozreview with r=foo does not do that (it'll get interpreted the same way as r?foo) and so this would be a lot of annoyance and coordination with the reviewer to give r+ again just to get it to go through mozreview + autoland. checkin-needed or just manually pushing it yourself is much easier.

~ Gijs