Over time we've made a series of exceptions to the level 3 requirements for Sheriffs and this proposal addresses that.

The current Policy for level 3 is:

        Level 3 - Core Product Access

Requirements: two vouchers - module owners or peers of code stored at this level

The issue is that Sheriffs typically need level 3 access to fulfill their roles. But they aren't chosen based on number and quality of patches, so often don't meet the current requirements. Today we go through an exception process. The thinking is that this process is unneeded for a set of people to whom we've delegated Sheriff authority.

The proposal is to change the text as follows:

from:    "module owners or peers of code stored at this level"
to: "module owners or peers of code stored at this level or owners or peers of the 'Tree Sheriffs' module."

Mitchell