On 20/07/2016 22:47, Andreas Tolfsen wrote:
> Erik Rose <e...@mozilla.com> writes:
>
>> > Simple question: How often is DXR refreshed from, say,
>> > mozilla-central.
>>
>> Every 6 hours. However, if it doesn't build successfully, it doesn't
>> update (since DXR uses information exfiltrated from the compiler to
>> give more accurate search results than MXR).
>
> Is this also the case for non-C++ code in the tree?  One of the reasons
> I don’t use dxr is because I don’t feel I can trust that the sources
> are up-to-date.
>
> For example, http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/53d2d214a699 has
> a push date of 2016-07-19 14:02, which is now more than 24 hours ago,
> but the change is not in effect at
> https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/marionette/error.js.

I ran into this trying to figure out why comm-central was failing to
build in Bug 1296664. A DXR search for SetHostAndPort turned up nil nada
zilch hits. I had to dig through my local mozilla-central clone to find
out what needed to be done to fix comm-central.

[whinge]I never had that problem with MXR[/whinge]

Phil