On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 17:05:30 -0400, Eric Shepherd wrote:

> I'm trying to update the table of scan codes and the keys they go with here:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KeyboardEvent/code#Code_values_on_Linux_(X11)_(When_scancode_is_available)
>
> But the values in that table for the hardware keycodes seem to have no
> relation whatsoever to any of the published tables of hardware key
> values I can find anywhere. Is that table completely wrong, or for a
> version of Linux that no longer exists? :)

I suspect the CODE_MAP_X11 native values derive from
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xkeyboard-config/tree/keycodes/evdev

I don't know however whether there is much value in publishing
these values.  I guess someone could run xev to get the values,
but javascript to display the .code value would provide the more
direct answer.