Hi Amila! Welcome!

We can absolutely help you out.

There are a _lot_ of things going on that you can contribute to,
depending on your current skillset, and also depending on what skills
you'd like to grow.

jdm wrote a tool to let you know about some of the things you might want
to contribute to: http://whatcanidoformozilla.org/

You mentioned contributing to Firefox, which suggests that you're primed
for some coding. jdm wrote yet another tool to help you find some bugs
to get started:

http://www.joshmatthews.net/bugsahoy/?

This tool lets you choose your interests, and then find mentored "good
first" bugs to work on. When a bug is mentored, it means that a
developer experienced in the code or problem that the bug is concerned
with will walk you through the process of getting a patch written, put
up for review, reviewed, and then landed into the tree to go out to our
users.

You might also enjoy some of these video tutorials on how to get
started: http://codefirefox.com/

There's also the @StartMozilla Twitter account that pumps out
interesting things to work on: https://twitter.com/StartMozilla

And finally, you could join the #introduction IRC[1] channel at
irc.mozilla.org if you'd like to get some help getting started.

If all else fails, you can also email me directly, and I can try to
point you in a decent direction.

I hope that helps! Thanks for reaching out,

-Mike

[1]: https://wiki.mozilla.org/IRC