Hi all,

Over the past months I tried to always have a look on newly filed
intermittent failures for Marionette tests on Bugzilla. I tried to
triage them early and to bring those up to interested parties. This was
working great for a couple of scenarios like the massive amount of hangs
and crashes for e10s tests. But I also did a lot of work myself to
stabilize the tests by making sure we correctly handle:

* The external process controlled by Marionette (tracking bug 1283906)
* Chrome windows and tabs (bug 1259055)

With the latest landing of the patch on bug 1299216 to improve the crash
handling of Marionette, which also adds support for content crashes, I
will mark this work as done.

The results of all this work you can already see on integration
branches. Marionette tests have a very low intermittent failure rate and
fail only a handful of times over a day.

I hope that we can keep that rate for a while now to make the sheriffs
happy.

--
Henrik Skupin
Senior Software Engineer