Absolutely!  Let's Encrypt sounds awesome, super-easy, and the price is right.

But I'm thinking of cases like Lavabit where a judge forced the site operator
to release the private key.  Or the opposite - could a government restrict
access to a site by forcing the CA to revoke certificates?  I guess you could
just get another certificate from another CA but what if they are all ordered
to revoke you - like in some future world government or something...

This example is extreme but security is not about the norm, it's about the
fringe cases.  I just wish we could have an encryption scheme that doesn't need
any third-party authority, before we start punishing those who don't use it.
That's all.